Monday, August 22, 2011

Nails: Cherries, Dots, and Plaid OH MY!

Cherries, polka dots and plaid! These nails were really fun to do! They were a little different than what I normally do, when I do prints I usually do the print on all my nails or just an accent. I like that these had lots of different designs!

I learned how to do the cherry print from a CutePolish YouTube video, she made it so simple! Once I saw the video I knew I wanted to recreate it but slightly different. The cherries are super easy to do, you just have to make dots and then the little stems. I used my dotting tool for the dots, but you could use a nail art pen or the end of a sewing pin or even a dull pencil. For the stems I used a nail art paint brush, but again you could use a nail art pen or a tooth pick. Next I did the dots, which are self explanatory haha. Then I couldn't decide if I wanted another cherry nail or something else. I remembered a video I saw a while back on an "alternative" plaid design (I don't remember who made the video). I drew you guys a sort of tutorial/diagram on how to do the plaid, don't laugh I did it in Paint haha! One tip for the plaid is to make sure your red lines are dry before doing the white ones, because it'll turn your white lines pink if you don't wait. Hope the diagram makes sense.


I got lots of compliments on these nails, and I'd totally do them again (I don't recreate very many of my designs)! I'd say these nails are slightly advanced beginner, if you can do dots and lines you should be fine.



The polishes I used were:
OPI Natural Nail base coat
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Blue-Away
Wet n Wild Wild Shine: Red Red 414A
Ulta Nail Lacquer: Limelight
Ulta Nail Lacquer: Snow White
Love & Beauty Nail Art Pen & Brush: White
Kiss Nail Art Brush: Red
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

If you have any questions, please comment below and I'll try my best to help! As always comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment