Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nails: POW! Leopard!




POW! BOOM! ZAP! KABOOM! ..... ok that's all the comic book noises I can think of. Anyways, aren't these POW! leopard nails fun? I mean who doesn't think POW! when they think leopard?? These nails were super fun to do and got lots of looks! The leopard spots are very easy to do once you get the hang of it. The POW! nail is a little harder, I'd say an advanced nail artist could easily do it.

When I do leopard spots I first use the bigger end of  my dotting tool to make irregular circles, it doesn't matter really how they look, leopard spots aren't round anyways. Then I take my nail art pen and outline them. I like to do very small strokes when I do the outline, almost like dotting it up and down to make the line. I think this makes it look more "realistic". I also like to leave some spots open and some closed. Just experiment some and you'll get the hang of what works for you.

For the POW! nail I first painted my base color. Then I used a nail art striper brush to draw the zig-zag lines and then filled it in. After that dried I did the black outline. Once all of that dried I did the POW, I'd never done letters on my nails before, and let me tell you it wasn't the easiest thing to do. My nails are kind of small so it was a little hard to fit the letters without squishing them. I finished with the tiny dots, I believe I just used the nail art pen.

Finish with a good top coat and you're ready to walk around saying "POW! LEOPARD!!!" hehe ok maybe that's just what I did :) These nails could be done with the POW! on every nail or alternate POW! and leopard. Also you could put a different word in the bubble!




The polishes I used:
OPI Natural Nail: Base Coat
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Lacey Lilac
Ulta Nail Lacquer: Tutu Cute
Ulta Nail Lacquer: Snow White
China Glaze: For Audrey
Love & Beauty Nail Pen and Brush: White and Black
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Comment below and tell me which word you would put with leopard nails? I think "meow" would be pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment